This Site Is No Longer In Management Please Register to ShahENajafWC shahenajafwc.nicebaord.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Site Is No Longer In Management Please Register to ShahENajafWC shahenajafwc.nicebaord.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Children's Duties to Their Parents

Go down 
AuthorMessage
>Macky<

>Macky<

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2006-10-21

Children's Duties to Their Parents Empty
PostSubject: Children's Duties to Their Parents   Children's Duties to Their Parents Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 11:09 pm

In the Islamic world, one rarely finds “old people’s homes.” The strain of caring for one’s parents in this most difficult time of their lives is considered an honor and a blessing and an opportunity for great spiritual growth. In Islam, it is not enough that we only pray for our parents, but we should act with limitless compassion, remembering that when we were helpless children, they preferred us to themselves. Mothers are particularly honored. When Muslim parents reach old age, they are treated mercifully, with kindness and selflessness.

In Islam, serving one’s parents is a duty second to prayer, and it is their right to expect it. It is considered despicable to express any irritation when, through no fault of their own, the old become difficult.

God has said:

Your Lord has commanded that you worship none but Him, and that you be kind to your parents. If one of them or both of them reach old age with you, do not say to them a word of disrespect, or scold them, but say a generous word to them. And act humbly to them in mercy, and say, “My Lord, have mercy on them, since they cared for me when I was small.”
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1